Laser Skin Rejuvenation
New “Pearl” Laser Renews Skin’s Surface with Significantly Faster Results
The Pearl Laser is a Safe “Thermal Peel” to Repair Sun Damage, Uneven Texture and Fine Wrinkles
PearlTM, a new laser procedure for treating sun damage, uneven texture, brown spots, and fine lines without the downtime, risk, or repetitive treatments associated with today’s other technologies, is now available from Dr. Steve Cohen of San Diego.
“There is no other laser like this…it’s like a TCA peel with controlled depth and full epidermal turnover,” said Dr. Steven Cohen. “My patients say their skin feels amazingly soft, like the new skin of a baby…a textural renewal after only three to four days. With other laser technologies, patients must wait up to six months to see the full results.”
The Pearl procedure is ideal for patients of almost any age searching for a safe and uncomplicated way to restore the skin’s youthful look and feel in only one or two treatments. It is the answer for patients who want quicker results and less downtime than other procedure available today, which normally require 4 – 6 treatments each spaced one month apart and up to 18 days of total downtime.
How it Works
- During the fast, 15-minute procedure, pulses of light are gently delivered to the epidermis.
- The laser simultaneously sends heat to the deeper layers of skin to stimulate longer-term collagen growth.
- A natural protective layer forms on the skin, alleviating the need for wound care.
- The treated skin will look and feel slightly sunburned.
- On day three or four, the protective layer will peel away, leaving new, healthy, vibrant skin, with a “pearl-like” glow, underneath.
The Pearl laser, made by Cutera, Inc., is FDA-cleared and is the first application of the 2790 nm laser wavelength for cosmetic dermatology. This advanced technology provides the most ideal balance between cosmetic benefit and minimal downtime.
Pearl Laser Information
- Pearl is the first FDA-cleared laser with a 2790nm wavelength for the treatment of wrinkles.
- Pearl is the only treatment offering full epidermal turnover with truly low impact “social” downtime and no wound care.
- The Pearl treatment, also called a “thermal peel,” is being described by doctors as a more advanced, controlled, safer, contemporary version of the chemical peel.
- Pearl addresses all common skin care concerns:
- Reduces fines lines and wrinkles
- Smoothes uneven texture and discoloration
- Repairs sun damage
- Reduces pore size
- Full face treatments with the ability to treat the entire epidermis
- Natural dressing protects skin post treatment, alleviating the need for wound care
- 10 – 15 minute procedure time
- 1 – 2 treatments
- 3 – 4 days of social downtime
- Thermal collagen stimulation
- A Pearl treatment optimizes the balance between the efficacy of traditional resurfacing lasers and the safety of non-ablative procedures
- The top layer of the skin is treated with pulses of light in a pre-selected pattern. The laser simultaneously sends heat to the deeper layers of skin to provide longer-term benefits.
- A natural protective dressing forms on the skin to minimize downtime during the restorative process. On day 3 or 4, this natural dressing will peel or slough off, leaving new, smooth, healthy, pure skin underneath.
Call FACESplusTM at 858-453-7224 or our toll-free line, 877-336-5900, to schedule your personal consultation or to learn more about cosmetic and plastic surgery, laser procedures, skin care, and non-surgical options.
FACESPlusTM offers the following plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures and treatments for the San Diego and La Jolla, CA areas: Face Lift, Tummy Tuck, Rhinoplasty, Liposuction, Breast Augmentation, Botox, Skin Care, Laser Hair Removal and much more.