Exosome therapy is a groundbreaking medical treatment that harnesses the power of regenerative medicine to address a wide range of conditions and concerns. At FACES+, under the expertise of Dr. Steven R. Cohen and in association with the London Regenerative Institute, we are proud to offer cutting-edge Morphiya exosome therapy to our patients in San Diego to “turn back the clock” on the aging process.
If you are interested in learning more about exosome therapy and its potential benefits, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cohen at our San Diego practice. To take the first step towards rejuvenation and regeneration, you can contact us at (858) 453-7224 or visit our website to request an appointment. Let us guide you on your journey to optimal health and beauty through the transformative power of exosome therapy.
- 1 About Exosomes
- 2 What Do Exosomes Transport?
- 3 Exosome Uses
- 4 What is Morphiya?
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 Corresponding & Complementary Treatments
- 7 Cost of Exosome Therapy in San Diego
- 8 FAQ
- 9 References
Exosomes are tiny extracellular vesicles that play a crucial role in cellular communication and tissue repair. (1)
- Most human cells can produce exosomes.
- They are very small, between 40-100 nanometers in diameter.
- They carry proteins, growth factors, lipids (fats), and other bioactive substances.
- They act as messengers, delivering important signals and molecules to cells throughout the body.
Through exosome therapy, we can harness these powerful biological agents to promote healing, stimulate tissue regeneration, and address visible signs of aging such as dark spots, crow’s feet, wrinkles, poor texture, and fine lines.
What Do Exosomes Transport?
- Growth Factors – Growth factors play a vital role in the body’s natural processes of cell growth, tissue repair, and wound healing. These specialized proteins are responsible for stimulating cell division, promoting collagen synthesis, facilitating bone formation, and even encouraging the formation of new blood vessels. (2)
- Nucleic Acids – Nucleic acids are responsible for storing and transmitting vital genetic information that determines our physical traits, influences cell division, and plays a significant role in heredity and gene expression. (3)
- Proteins – A significant function of proteins is their role as amino acids’ building blocks, which are essential for the growth, repair, and maintenance of tissues in the body.
- Lipids – Lipids are integral to the structure and function of cell membranes. Phospholipids, a type of lipid, form the basic building blocks of cell membranes, providing stability and allowing for selective permeability.
- Cytokines – Cytokines are peptides and a type of growth factor involved in our immune response. They participate in the regulation of inflammation, and they are essential factors in cellular communication, growth, and differentiation.
- Transcription Factor Receptors – Transcription factor receptors are DNA-binding proteins that have the power to regulate gene expression, which ultimately determines the production of specific proteins necessary for various cellular processes.
Exosomes After Surgery
One of the key benefits of exosome therapy is its ability to enhance tissue repair. Whether you’re recovering from an injury or surgery, exosomes can promote faster and more efficient healing by stimulating the body’s natural regenerative processes. Additionally, the therapy reduces inflammation, which not only aids in the healing process but also provides relief from discomfort.
Exosomes & Anti-Aging
Exosome therapy showcases impressive anti-aging effects as they contain biologically active proteins and genetic information which are key factors in delaying cell aging. (4) Through increased collagen production, it helps improve the texture and elasticity of the skin, leading to a more youthful and vibrant appearance. This treatment can also reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, giving you a revitalized and refreshed look.
What is Morphiya?
Heralded as “the next frontier in skin science”, Morphiya exosome therapy is a specially formulated topical created by a pioneering collective of anti-aging experts from around the world.
- Harnesses the regenerative power of exosomes
- Targeted delivery of bioactive ingredients
- Tailored, personalized treatment plans
- Created by biotech scientists, surgeons, and longevity researchers
Exomorphic Biotech™ is the patented exosome delivery method used in Morphiya. A liposome is a minute spherical structure capable of transporting substances to tissues. Liposomal carriers called exomorphs transport rejuvenating exosomes to the targeted area, removing old, damaged molecules, and re-balancing cell behavior.
Do you want to discover more about the benefits of Morphiya? At FACES+, we prioritize personal consultations to ensure that our patients receive the highest level of care and attention. When it comes to exosome therapy, this initial consultation is crucial in determining the best course of action for your unique needs and goals.
During your consultation with Dr. Cohen, you will have the opportunity to discuss your specific concerns and desired outcomes. Dr. Cohen will carefully assess your medical history, as well as evaluate your individual condition and health status. This comprehensive evaluation allows us to create a personalized treatment plan tailored specifically to you.
Dr. Cohen will explain how exosomes can stimulate tissue repair, rejuvenation, and overall enhancement. Through an in-depth discussion, you will gain a thorough understanding of how exosome therapy can address your particular concerns and provide long-lasting results.
Your Questions Answered
At FACES+, we believe in providing a one-on-one experience, ensuring that you have the opportunity to ask any questions or express any concerns you may have. Dr. Cohen will take the time to listen attentively, address your queries, and provide detailed explanations about the treatment and its potential outcomes.
Corresponding & Complementary Treatments
Biologic Age Testing
Biological age testing is a groundbreaking approach that allows individuals to gain valuable insights into their overall health and aging process. Unlike our chronological age, which simply refers to the number of years we have been alive, biological age testing delves deeper by evaluating various biomarkers that provide a more accurate assessment of how well our bodies are functioning and aging at a cellular level.
This innovative technology analyzes specific biological markers and combines them with genetic factors, lifestyle choices, and comprehensive health assessments to determine an individual’s biological age. By examining these key indicators, we can provide a comprehensive picture of one’s physiological changes and cellular aging. This information allows us to better understand how certain lifestyle choices and genetic factors may be influencing the aging process, and subsequently, develop personalized strategies to optimize health and improve overall well-being.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized chamber, allowing your lungs to take in a significantly higher concentration of oxygen than what is normally available at sea level. This increased oxygen level in your bloodstream can have profound effects on your body’s ability to repair and regenerate damaged tissues.
HBOT accelerates the healing process by increasing oxygen levels in the body, promoting tissue repair, and reducing the risk of infection. Whether you have a chronic wound or are recovering from surgery, HBOT can help expedite your healing journey. By increasing the amount of oxygen that reaches your body’s cells, HBOT also enhances overall oxygenation and improves organ function. This can have a profound impact on your energy levels and overall vitality.
Cost of Exosome Therapy in San Diego
The cost of exosome therapy can vary depending on several factors. At FACES+, we understand that each patient has unique needs and goals, which is why our pricing is tailored to your individual treatment plan.
To explore the benefits of exosome therapy and determine if it is suitable for your anti-aging goals, schedule an appointment by calling (858) 453-7224 or complete an inquiry form to learn more about our comprehensive range of cosmetic procedures and rejuvenation treatments.
Read more about longevity and anti-aging strategies on Dr. Cohen’s blog.
How does exosome therapy work?
Exosomes are tiny messengers that contain various bioactive molecules such as growth factors, proteins, and nucleic acids. When injected into targeted areas of the body, these exosomes interact with recipient cells, delivering their cargo and triggering regenerative responses. This process stimulates tissue repair, reduces inflammation, and promotes cellular regeneration, leading to improved skin quality, enhanced hair growth, and overall rejuvenation.
Is exosome therapy safe?
Exosome therapy is considered safe and well-tolerated. Since exosomes are derived from mesenchymal stem cells, they are thoroughly screened and processed to ensure quality and safety. Moreover, exosome therapy eliminates the need for invasive procedures or surgery, reducing the risks associated with traditional treatments. However, as with any medical procedure, it is important to consult with a qualified physician before undergoing exosome therapy.
What conditions can exosome therapy treat?
Exosome therapy has shown promising results in a wide range of conditions. It can be used for anti-aging treatments, addressing fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. Additionally, it has been utilized in tissue repair, helping with wound healing, scar reduction, and improving skin texture. Exosome therapy has also demonstrated potential in immune modulation, making it suitable for autoimmune diseases and neurological disorders.
Are there clinical trials for exosome therapy?
Yes, ongoing clinical trials are being conducted to further explore the potential applications of exosome therapy. These trials aim to evaluate the safety and efficacy of exosomes in various medical fields, including dermatology, orthopedics, neurology, and autoimmune diseases.
- Zhang Y, Bi J, Huang J, Tang Y, Du S, Li P. Exosome: A Review of Its Classification, Isolation Techniques, Storage, Diagnostic and Targeted Therapy Applications. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 2020;15:6917-6934. doi:https://doi.org/10.2147/IJN.S264498
- Islam MS, Greco S, Janjusevic M, et al. Growth factors and pathogenesis. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2016;34:25-36. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2015.08.018
- Minchin S, Lodge J. Understanding biochemistry: structure and function of nucleic acids. Essays in Biochemistry. 2019;63(4):433-456. doi:https://doi.org/10.1042/EBC20180038
- Zhang B, Gong J, Li H, et al. Exosomes based advancements for application in medical aesthetics. 2022;10. doi:https://doi.org/10.3389/fbioe.2022.1083640